In today's modern world, we're constantly looking for the fastest and most effective way to communicate, especially in business.
Email; phone; face-to-face; social media; messaging; everyone has a preference, but preference doesn’t mean practical.
With good communication being the key to success in any workplace, let's take a look at one of the most effective ways to level up the way you do business: video.
Internal video communication
Traditional methods of communication, like email, will always be a reliable and familiar option to keep your workflow ticking over. But, with the rise of recreational video consumption and the sudden shift to remote working, both workers and companies have had to reimagine how they go about daily communication. Video has become particularly popular due to being clear, concise, and something we all already know how to engage with and produce ourselves. Plus, compared to email, video is much more engaging; the average viewer retains 95% of the message when in video form.
Creating video for internal use means it doesn’t have to be highly produced content, it can be quick, informative and unobtrusive to regular workflow. Plus, videos can be watched in your own time, when you have time.
Cutting to the numbers, here are some video statistics to help convince your workplace to invest in video:
- 67% of employees are better at completing complex tasks when communicated with via video or text and image, than via plain text.
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
- Approximately 65% of the population are visual learners,
- 87% of video marketers state video gives them a positive ROI.
- It’s predicted that marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- In 2021, businesses have heavily leaned into various video types: explainer (72%), presentation (49%), testimonial (48% ), sales and ads (42% each).
External video communication
Once you’re able to nail communicating internally with staff and business partners, the transition to using video for external communication is easy.
It’s no secret that video content is booming; consumers are lapping up commercial video communication just as much as the social and recreational options!
If you need more convincing, here are some recent video stats on consumers:
- An average of 16 hours of online video is watched per week; a 52% increase over the last two years.
- Job postings with video have a 34% greater application rate than postings without videos.
- Email click-through rates (CTR) can grow by up to 96% when video is included in the content.
- Video on social media generates 1200% more engagement than text and image combined.
- 95% of a message is retained when watched as a video (compared to 10% from text).
- 96% of people have watched an explainer video for more info about a product or service.
- Video is shared 20x more often than any other type of content on LinkedIn
- 84% of marketers say video has helped them generate leads.
How PreviewMe can help
As an all-in-one video platform, PreviewMe is a great tool for creating content to boost your communication internally and externally.
You could use it to:
- Present your business or services to current or prospective employees or clients
- Promote job opportunities
- Pitch for work as part of a tender process
- Produce employee onboarding, health & safety, or day to day communication content.
And so much more!
What makes creating and sharing content with PreviewMe even better, is that we allow you to track and monitor engagement, views and download rates.
Integrating video with PreviewMe Business is a low cost, high reward tactic that can be easily merged into existing strategies and workflows. For more information, talk to the team!